Saturday, August 30, 2014

Under His Protection

I finished Under His Protection by Katie Reus today. It is the 9th book of her Red Stone Security series, but the first one I've read. I enjoyed reading about Julieta and Ivan and getting to know a little about some of the characters from previous stories. The premise of this story is Julieta & Ivan met via a friend of Julieta's, whom Ivan protects (part of his job at Red Stone Security), and neither can get the other out of their heads. Julieta is being targeted by a stalker and Ivan takes it upon himself to help protect her and find the stalker. During this process they fall for each other. While I enjoyed the story, it didn't hit a point for me where I absolutely couldn't put it down. I wanted to know who the stalker was and how that story line would play out, but I wasn't as hooked as some of the other books I've read recently. After having read this story, I would like to go back and read the other 8 books before it but this story worked completely as a standalone. Overall I'd rate this as a 3 1/2-4 star book. It had a strong plot and moved along at a good pace. Definitely one for anyone who likes a little mystery with their romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment