Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sweet as Honey

I really wanted to like this book because I thought the premise was great. Unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. I felt like this story was about 16 year olds who were playing at being grownups. Both Dex and Honey were really insecure and I felt like they were having the same issues repeatedly. It grew tiring and it took me a week to get through the book because I just didn't want to continue reading it. I tend to like Alpha males, and Dex definitely wasn't one. He had been hurt in the past, but instead of working through it, it stuck with him and brought him down for most of the story. There was also a subplot of Honey having to sit on a jury with a case similar to the abuse she had suffered. I think the author was trying to add depth to the story, but I felt the subplot took away from the story instead of adding to it. One thing I did like was how the author set up the next book at the end of this one. Overall, the characters were too weak for my liking and I felt the story drug on too long. I'd give this book 2.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment