Wednesday, November 19, 2014

In the Heat of the Night

In the Heat of the Night by Katherine Garbera is the story of Rory and Meg. Rory is the new firefighter in town & Meg has come home to try and regroup while she gets ready for her next career move. Both have been burned by past lovers because of their careers and each is wary of the other person's career as well as falling in love. Both Meg and Rory were strong characters who knew how to stick their ground, but neither were good at compromising. This story didn't draw me in to the point where I couldn't put the book down, but that's okay. It's nice to have a light read sometimes and by the end I was rooting for Rory and Meg pretty hard. This is the third book I have read by this author, and I will continue to do so because I enjoy her writing style and think she tells a good story. I'd give this one a solid 3.5 stars and may try giving the book before this one a read.

Amazon
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment