Friday, November 7, 2014

His Island Bride

I wasn't sure what to expect with His Island Bride by Maxine Sullivan, but I wasn't expecting to get hooked in and have trouble finding my way back up for air. Starting about chapter 2 I got hooked into Jace & Brooke's story. Jace has to marry to help save his family's resort, and who better for him to marry than the resort's wedding planner & his ex flame than Brooke. At first Brooke agrees to marry Jace, although reluctantly, because she doesn't want to lose her job or let the people of their small island down. She is kinda bitchy to Jace at first, but she was hurt by him when they were together as teens. Brooke also had a secret she was keeping from Jace. When Jace found out Brooke's secret, he was upset but didn't overreact like sometimes happens in books. He understood her reasoning and talked things over with her instead of writing her off. I'd give this story a strong 4.5 stars and I can't wait to read more from Maxine Sullivan.
AmazonGoodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment