Friday, December 12, 2014

The Kidnapped Christmas Bride

The Kidnapped Christmas Bride is Jane Porter's third book in the Taming of the Sheenans series. When I first read about Trey in the second book in the series, I was intrigued. Trey was in prison for manslaughter after a bar fight gone bad. McKenna is the mother of his son and the only woman he ever loved. When Trey gets released a year early, he comes home to find that McKenna is marrying someone else the next day. Trey goes to the church to make sure that he still gets to see their son TJ before McKenna gets married. Trey claims he was worried about custody and ends up "kidnapping" TJ and McKenna. McKenna was getting cold feet about her wedding, even if she couldn't admit it to herself until later in the story. This was a sweet story, but I don't feel like I got to know McKenna as well as I would have liked to. The big focus was on her being a mom and the fact that she gave up on Trey. Trey was the better developed character. He knew taking McKenna and TJ was wrong and felt sorry about doing it, but I also understood his desperation to have Christmas with his son for the first time in four years. I give The Kidnapped Christmas Bride 4 stars and look forward to the next book in this series.

Amazon
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment