Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pick Me

Pick Me by Erika Marks was a sweet story. Thea was dumped and went back home while her house was being rid of the termite infestation it had. Her neighbor ended up being her high school crush Calder. Calder rescued Thea on prom night and they both had a wonderful time. Fourteen years later, both of them still were wondering what if and they got their chance to find out. I liked this story because both characters were "real." Thea acted like most women I know do after a break up by wanting her ex to call and let her know that he realized his mistake and wants her back. I enjoyed seeing the slightly crazy side of Thea while she was imagining what she'd do if her ex came back to her. Calder was the sexy bad boy in high school and he went on to be a doctor. This was a well written, quick read. It didn't hook me in to the point where I couldn't put it down, but it was a nice relaxing read. I'd give this story a 3.5 star rating and consider reading the other books in the series.

 Amazon
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment