Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Cowboy's Christmas Promise

A Cowboy's Christmas Promise by Maggie McGinnis wasn't quite what I was expecting. Based on the title and blurb I was expecting a story that took place mostly during the holiday season, but that wasn't the case. I was 54% done with the story and it still was during the summer months. The story was sweet and I enjoyed seeing Hayley and Daniel fall in love, but fight the attraction the entire way. Hayley is strong, but had her sisters taken away never to be seen again, so she is wary of getting attached to anyone. Daniel lost his wife and doesn't even want to consider love again. With some not so subtle pushes from their friends, Daniel and Hayley end up spending time together and falling for each other. I loved how Hayley bonded with Daniel's daughters immediately and that it helped Daniel open up to her. Overall the story was good, but the title and blurb are a bit deceptive. This story gets 3 stars from me and I will probably read this author again.

Amazon
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment