Monday, July 20, 2015

Everything I Left Unsaid

Everything I Left Unsaid by Molly O'Keefe was a unique and captivating story. Annie left her abusive husband and ended up renting a trailer. Well, the day she moved in she heard a phone ringing in the trailer. She answered it and that started her on a journey to self discovery and the voice on the other end helped her with that journey. Dylan was just a voice for the longest time and they both had secrets that they weren't willing to share with the other, but there was a connection that neither could deny. This was a good book except for two things: 1) the book is a cliffhanger. It ends in a way that makes you want to reach for the next book, and 2) Annie's perspective is in first person, but Dylan's perspective is in third. That to me is a little odd and it kinda threw me off at times. As someone who gets really annoyed by cliffhangers, this brought down the book for me. I probably would have rated this book 5 stars if it had been a complete story. With things the way they are, I have to rate the book 4 stars. I am looking forward to the next book and will be reading it, but I'm hoping it finishes with the next one and doesn't go on to a third book.

Amazon
Goodreads

Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free.

I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.

And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.

His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment